The Bowlers Club of NSW (trading as Club York) ABN 70 001 015 701 (the Club) appreciates the importance of privacy to our members, guests, staff and affiliates. The Club is committed to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1998 and the 13 National Privacy Principles contained therein.
Information collected by the Club
The Club collects personal information from members, guests and temporary members including name, address, occupation, date of birth and contact details. This information is required under the Corporations Act and/or Registered Clubs Act to allow access to the Club and its facilities. Information may also be collected when a membership card is placed in a gaming machine and when swiped at a kiosk or point of sale terminal. The Club may also collect additional information when a member or guest participates in a promotion or Club activity.
In the interest of safety and security the Club operates video cameras within the Clubs premises and may collect personal information in the course of investigating incidents, complaints or pursuing disciplinary proceedings.
The Clubs website can generally be visited without users revealing any personal information. The Club will not collect any personal information from visitors to the website except when information is knowingly provided.
Where practicable, the purpose for which information is collected will be made clear at the time of collection.
Use and disclosure of information
- To set up and maintain your membership to the Club
- To provide Club information such as Annual Reports or newsletters
- To provide products or services you have requested from the Club
- To register you for events, promotions or competitions
- In accordance with the Club’s constitution
- For direct marketing of Club products and services. If the Club contacts you in this way without prior consent, you will be provided the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications
- As an aid to third parties that provide products or services under contract to the Club
- To assist in investigation of security incidents, complaints or illegal activities
Security of information
The Club will take reasonable steps to secure all information held and ensure information is not misused, modified, disclosed to unauthorised parties or accessed by unauthorised persons. This includes disclosure of any information to overseas recipients.
Personal information is held in secure files or on a secure server.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly the Club cannot accept responsibility for the security of information sent to or received from the Club over the internet.
Access to personal information
The Club takes all reasonable steps to ensure that information is accurate and reliable. The Club relies on the individual to provide accurate information and advice of any changes. If information is not correct, contact the Club and steps will be taken to correct the information.
Access to personal information can be requested by contacting the Club’s Privacy Officer, Nathan Mills, in person, by email email@example.com, by calling 9290 1155 or by mail PO Box Q568 QVB Post Shop NSW 1230. Access will be provided unless we are legally authorised to refuse the request.